06 September 2013

Help Me to Strive for Your Perfection!

We are cheating today! Today's prayer will start word for word from the scripture!  It says it all!
 
O Lord, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them.
 
Lord Jesus, you said "But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect." Now, I got to confess, there's no way I can be perfect on my own!  I do fail in keeping my word from time to time.  I even let an ill thought come from my mouth!  Lack of forgiveness. Lack of mercy. Quick to anger or frustration. I have a long list I could talk to You about! Jesus, I need Your help! Pour out Your Spirit on me to teach me, to guide me, to correct me.  Give me the strength for just today and we'll talk about it again tomorrow!
 
I thank You for Your GRACE! When I don't measure up, You love me anyway!
 
Jesus, in Your name we bring to the Father _______. Draw ______ to You and create in him/her a desire to seek Your perfection.  Your perfection is light! It doesn't require the human standards of "everything in order" inside the house.  It doesn't require a certain hair style, nor brand of clothes.  All Your perfection requires is the Blood of Jesus on our hearts.  We pray, Father, ____ will seek Jesus to be his/her Lord.  We pray this according to Your perfect plan for ___. Amen
 

Isaiah 25:1(NLT)

25 O Lord, I will honor and praise your name,
    for you are my God.
You do such wonderful things!
    You planned them long ago,
    and now you have accomplished them.
 

Matthew 5:48 (NLT)

48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

1 comment: