02 September 2013

God's Ways Are Perfect

Before beginning today's prayer, close your eyes, take a deep breath ... Let it out.  This is your time with God.  Allow your heart, mind, body, and strength to turn and focus on Him.  Still your worries.  Still your fears.  The following prayer is ONLY a guide!  Expand on it!  OR Skip down to the scripture and focus on the passage.  Make this personal for God and you.

-------------

My God, You are the Rock and Your ways are perfect! You are faithful and cannot do anything wrong.

Father, in the light of Your perfection, I feel small. How many times have I judged another based on "my" idea of perfection?  Yet You are so merciful to me ... May my eyes be closed to the "imperfections" of others and my heart open, overflowing with Your love!

Jesus, thank You for not waiting for me to abide by God's Laws to save me!  At the same time, I'm grateful for those Laws because each Word teaches me about who God IS.  Thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit, who guides me and teaches me.

Jesus, in Your name, we bring before the Father _______.  We pray ______ will proclaim the name of the LORD and praise the greatness of our God!  May _____ know Your works are perfect and You will be faithful to him/her forever!  We pray the Father's will be done in our lives today. Amen

Deuteronomy 32:1-4
Listen, you heavens, and I will speak;
    hear, you earth, the words of my mouth.
Let my teaching fall like rain
    and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
    like abundant rain on tender plants.
I will proclaim the name of the Lord.
    Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
    and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
    upright and just is he.

No comments:

Post a Comment