29 July 2013

God Is Compassionate

God, You are Compassionate!

You are God of forgiveness, who is gracious with Your mercy! You are slow to anger and rich in unfailing love!

God of Heaven, forgive me when I am proud and stubborn! I know there have been times when I haven't paid attention to Your commands and have flirted with the very sin You have rescued me from. Lord Jesus, melt my heart with Your compassion. Sweet Holy Spirit, remind me of what God has done for me and whisper His goodness in my heart's ear. I do desire to be surrendered to the One who protects me to show me His love!

Lord Jesus, thank You for not abandoning me! Even when I choose my way, You go with me to guide me back to the path God desires me to take.  I have one time ... Oh, okay ... I have several times in mind of when I know You were present rescuing me from my own stupidity! THANK YOU!

Sweet Jesus, in Your great mercy, do not abandon _____. Send Your Holy Spirit to instruct _____ in God's ways. Do not stop protecting _____ but continue to sustain him/her. Jesus, there are many physical needs we lift to You as well as spiritual. We trust each of the people we love into Your loving care.  Your love; Your compassion out way ours for them. We join together in Your name, Jesus, praying for on another's burdens and concerns. We pray God's will be done in us and through us today. Amen

Scripture Reference: Nehemiah 9:16-21 (NLT)

“But our ancestors were proud and stubborn, and they paid no attention to your commands.  They refused to obey and did not remember the miracles you had done for them. Instead, they became stubborn and appointed a leader to take them back to their slavery in Egypt! But you are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love. You did not abandon them,  even when they made an idol shaped like a calf and said, ‘This is your god who brought you out of Egypt!’ They committed terrible blasphemies.
 “But in your great mercy you did not abandon them to die in the wilderness. The pillar of cloud still led them forward by day, and the pillar of fire showed them the way through the night. You sent your good Spirit to instruct them, and you did not stop giving them manna from heaven or water for their thirst.  For forty years you sustained them in the wilderness, and they lacked nothing. Their clothes did not wear out, and their feet did not swell!



No comments:

Post a Comment