16 July 2013

God's Word Lights My Way


Father, God who is Light, Your Word is a lamp to guide me! Your Word lights up my path!

Father, forgive me for neglecting to study Your Holy Scriptures! When the psalmist prays "I have hidden Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You," I can't say that! I DO desire to!  Create inside me a burning desire to study Your Word!

Father, I thank You for William Tyndale, Martin Luther, and many others who You guided to translate Your words into the "common" language! I thank You for the countless men and women who have followed in their footsteps, guided by Your Holy Spirit, to bring us Your words! I thank You for the technology that places many versions and translations of Your Word at my finger tips! I thank You for the audio versions of Your Word! Thank You for making sure I'd understand Your Word!!

Father, the teaching of Your Word gives light so even ___ can understand! Sweet Lord, may we not make Your words hard for anyone. May we be the ones who help carry Your light, Your Word, to those in darkness! In the name of Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen

Scripture Reference: Psalm 119:105, 130 (NLT)

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
130 The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand.

Note: I love the New Living Translation. I use it A LOT! However, I like the New King James Version, The New International Version, New Century Version, and many others.  I really like using Bible Gateway's "parallel feature" on it's web site! To view the same text in the different translations or commentary Bibles brings a rich, fullness to studying God's Word.  Bible Gateway and YouVersion both offer apps for downloading to your favorite on the go technology! iPhone, iPad, Nook, Kindle, Android. Both apps offer several translations in audio as well!  Of course, you can always visit www.biblegateway.com for the full effect the site has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment