30 July 2013

God is Slow to Anger!

AGod, You are Compassionate!

You are merciful! You are slow to anger.  When You finally arrive at "I Am mad", You don't stay that way forever! You are filled with unfailing love and You do not constantly accuse me! Your compassion is AMAZING!

Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray Your Holy Spirit searches me through out this day. Take in consideration my actions and words.  Do they testify to You being the compassionate God?  Does my attitude reflect the mercy You have shown me? Lord, judge me accordingly and correct me. I desire to be a woman who shows compassion.

Thank You for not dealing with me harshly! You do not punish me for all my sins!!  Thank You for Your grace covering the things I do out of ignorance; the things I don't do out of fear. You recognize I am human with many weaknesses: tired, hunger, illness, etc. Thank You for being so gentle and tender with me!!

Lord, we come to You on behalf of _____.  Lord, be compassionate with _____ and slow to anger with him/her.  Do not punish _____ for his/her actions nor deal harshly with him/her. Shower _____ with Your unfailing love which will draw _____ to trust You. We know this IS Your will! You don't desire a single member of the human race to be lost for eternity. It breaks Your heart when a soul refuses Your love.  Lord, may we be Your hands of compassion! In Jesus name we pray, Amen

Scripture Reference: Psalm 103:8-14 (NLT)

The Lord is compassionate and merciful,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
 He will not constantly accuse us,
 nor remain angry forever.
He does not punish us for all our sins;
    he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.
For his unfailing love toward those who fear him
    is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.
He has removed our sins as far from us
    as the east is from the west.
The Lord is like a father to his children,
    tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
For he knows how weak we are;
    he remembers we are only dust.


No comments:

Post a Comment