15 July 2013

He is Clothed In a Robe of Light: God IS Light


Lord God, Let all that I am praise You! You spoke light into the darkness and You stretched out the starry curtain in the sky!  You are clothed in a robe of light! You are LIGHT!

Spirit of the Living God, shine God's light into my heart. Fill every dark crevice of my heart with Your light, Father! Where there is jealousy, shine the light of contentment. Where there is  (fill in a negative), shine the light of (fill in the opposite of the negative) .  I desire my heart to shine for Your glory!

Thank You for thinking about me! When the darkness of discouragement falls on me, You are my beacon of hope! I'm so grateful for my family in Christ who You use to be Your light to me! That prompting of a phone call, text, or prayer means so much!

Father, shine Your light in ___'s heart so he/she may know Your glory that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.  Use each of us to be examples of Your light! We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ who is the Light of the World! Your kingdom come and Your will be done, Father. Amen

Scripture Reference: Psalm 104:1-2; 2 Corinthians 4:6 (NLT)

Psalm 104:1-2  Let all that I am praise the LordO Lord my God, how great you are!  You are robed with honor and majesty.  You are dressed in a robe of light.  You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens;

2 Corinthians 4:6  For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment