24 July 2013

Joy Comes In the Morning after Mourning

My God, I cry out to You and You answer me! I ask for help and You come to my aide! I will exalt You for You keep me from falling in to despair!  You are faithful to rescue! You are faithful to forgive!

Lord You are angry for only a brief moment. When I ask for forgiveness, not only do You show mercy, You forget my crime by not keeping a record of wrongs.  Lord, I do not want to sin by letting anger control me. I'm going to get angry! However, I don't want to stay angry. I want to let to and give You the cause. I want to forgive others as You have forgiven me.

Lord Jesus, I'm so thankful to You for turning God's wrath away from me! You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing! God's favor is upon me because of Your obedience! I WILL give You thanks as long as I live!

Sweet Lord, weeping may last through the night but JOY comes in the morning! We pray You'll turn  ___'s mourning into joyful dancing! Clothe ___ in joy! Lord, give ___ greater joy than a farmer has when harvesting an abundant crop! Lord Jesus, we pray each will know the joy that brings us peace to lie down and sleep in Your safety. May we make sacrifices in the right spirit and trust in U for ALL provision. In Your name we pray, Amen

Scripture Reference: Psalm 4:1,3-5,7-8; 30:1-5,11-12

Answer me when I call to you,
    O God who declares me innocent.
Free me from my troubles.
    Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
---
You can be sure of this:
  The Lord set apart the godly for himself. The Lord will answer when I call to him. Don’t sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent. Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust the Lord.
---
You have given me greater joy
    than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine.
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.
---
I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.   You refused to let my enemies triumph over me. O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you restored my health. You brought me up from the grave, O Lord.You kept me from falling into the pit of death. Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!  Praise his holy name.For his anger lasts only a moment,but his favor lasts a lifetime!Weeping may last through the night,  but joy comes with the morning.
---
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
    You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!



1 comment:

  1. How lovely for me to have to read this evening as the light gets less out of doors. xo

    This is Katie Isabella's mom (my kitty)

    ReplyDelete