23 July 2013

The Joy of The Lord

My Lord God, I will celebrate for You are God who loves me no matter where I go or what I do! Today is a holy day! It is a day You have made!! I will rejoice and not mourn for You are the source of my joy! The Joy of The Lord is my Strength!

My heart celebrates You!! There are days I'm so focused on my past regrets that my heart cries. Oh, Lord, You have washed my heart clean of the past sins! Forgive me for not forgiving myself! May my heart be glad for You make Your dwelling in me!

Thank You for this sacred day! Sunday thru Saturday are ALL Your days! Thank You for my Family in You! Thank You for blessing me with Your Holy Spirit! Thank You for always looking out for my best interest and withholding a good thing from me. I'm not rich but You are my Father and You bless me with what I need, when I need it!! Thank You for being so good!!

Lord Jesus, may ___ not mourn on such a day as this! May ___ know Your love and rejoice for the joy of The Lord is ___'s strength! Sweet Jesus, may I and my Family celebrate together ... Celebrate YOU! You are our strength, courage, and hope. When things happen that rob us of happiness, may we take courage and know it can't rob our hearts of JOY! Joy, the confidence that we have eternal life in You! We are safe and secure because of Your grace and mercy. May we be about Your work today. In Your name, Jesus, Amen

Scripture Reference: Nehemiah 8:9-12

Then Nehemiah the governor, Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who were interpreting for the people said to them, “Don’t mourn or weep on such a day as this! For today is a sacred day before the Lord your God.” For the people had all been weeping as they listened to the words of the Law.

And Nehemiah continued, “Go and celebrate with a feast of rich foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared. This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!”

And the Levites, too, quieted the people, telling them, “Hush! Don’t weep! For this is a sacred day.” So the people went away to eat and drink at a festive meal, to share gifts of food, and to celebrate with great joy because they had heard God’s words and understood them.

No comments:

Post a Comment