28 August 2013

Father, God of Heaven and Creator of Earth, You are merciful!  While I lived in sin, separated from You, You poured out Your mercy on me!

O, Merciful God, mold my heart into a heart for people.  Help me to love my enemy, to reach out to someone who needs me to show him/her mercy as You have shown me mercy. I can only do it with You constantly filling me with Your Holy Spirit, Jesus.

(May want to change this to match your own thanks!) Father, thank You!  Thank You for the washed $3 I found in my pant pocket yesterday morning.  I wasn't sure how to make that penny stretch till Friday and that amount is EXACTLY what I needed!  You are in the small details and I am so GRATEFUL!
 
LORD, we bring before You ______.  Teach ____ to love his/her enemies, to do good to those who hate him/her.  Give _____ the strength to bless those who curse him/her and remind _____ to pray for those who mistreat him/her.  We know well it's the people closest to us who hurt us most.  People we love and cherish.  Family and friends.  Pour into ____ Your Holy Spirit to give him/her the ability to be merciful as You are merciful. We pray, Jesus, in Your holy name the Father's will be done in our lives. Amen

Luke 6:27-28, 35-36
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

No comments:

Post a Comment