01 August 2013

God is Patient (Thank Him So!!)

My Very Patient God,

You ARE Amazing! You are not a dictator who forces me into Your service. You are filled with unfailing love. Like a kind love, You wait for me to come to You.

Lord, forgive me for trusting in things of this world. (Think of what you trust in because this is about to become very Vivian!) For me, food, especially sugary food, has been my comfort. The chocolate god has always proven a quick fix to anxiety, anger, frustration, stress. I want this to change! You are the faithful God! I so desire to learn to wait for Your help. May Your Spirit guide me in these times of human weakness to pray, to wait on You!
 
Thank You for being so compassionate!  Thank You for Your love!! Love that doesn't demand anything of me, and that waits for me to realize You are the best choice! Thank You for Your kindness! Thank You for Your patience!

Lord, show _____ Your love and compassion. We pray _____ will wait for Your help and learn to trust You! Lord Jesus, may we as Your Body trust You and wait for You!  May we seek Your guidance over each detail of our lives. May we love as You have loved us. May we show compassion to each other as You are compassion. May we each live surrendered to Your perfect will. In Your name, Jesus, Amen

Scripture Reference: Isaiah 30:18

(NLT) So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help.

(NKJV) Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you; And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; Blessed are all those who wait for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment