02 August 2013

Jesus the Compassionate Shepherd

Jesus,
You had compassion on me! You saw me as someone lost, confused, and helpless. Seeing me in such a state, You took pity on me! You wanted to help me! You are COMPASSIONATE!

Lord, I want to see people the exact same way! I pray Your Holy Spirit will give me eyes to see past a person's faults and love them as You love them. May my heart be filled with sympathy and may I be an encourager.

I thank You, Jesus, that Your love knows no limit and Your grace can't be measured. Thank You for becoming my Shepherd! "I once was lost but now I'm found," THANK YOU!

Jesus, _____ lives in a dark world, be his/her Shepherd.  May _____ not be confused and helpless because of Your unfailing love and deep compassion for him/her.  Lord, there are many lost in need of compassion! May we be the ones You use to show compassion! As a new school year begins, use each of us to be Your love to these kids. May we pray for them without fail! Lord, love each mother's child as if he/she the only one on Earth!  Be with the sons/daughters in the military. Wrap Your arms of compassion around their mothers.  Be with the sons/daughters who are homeless, lost, broken, held captive by mental illness, trapped by Satan's lies that they'll never be worth loving; YOUR heart breaks for these!! May we be Your compassion! In Your name, Jesus. Amen

References: "Amazing Grace" and a quote by Augustine "God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us"

Scripture Reference: Matthew 9:36

(NLT) When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

(NKJV) But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment