19 August 2013

My Shepherd, My Comforter

My Shepherd, You are my Comforter! When I am in the dark valley, You are with me.  You guide me. You protect me. Because You surround me, I do not need to fear! God, You are my Comforter!
 
Jesus, may Your words guide me. I pray I'll indulge each morsel of Your Scriptures. I pray Your Holy Spirit will teach me to apply each sweet Word to my life!
 
I thank You, Jesus, for Your Rod and Staff which are Your Word -- the Word of God.  I especially thank You for David and all the  Psalms You inspired him to write!  Each one is a reminder of who You are!  Thank You for this precious treasure!
 
Sweet Shepherd, even though ______ is in the dark valley, light his/her path.  May _____ feel Your Spirit surrounding him/her and all his/her fear fade away.  May ______ find comfort in Your Word; comfort for his/her heart.  We ask this in Your name, Jesus, according to the Father's will. Amen
 
Psalm 23:4 (NIV)
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment