29 August 2013

Normally, I give you one Bible version.  Either the NIV or NLT.  Today, two!  The NIV and the New Century Version.  If you are new to reading these prayers, when you reach the last paragraph, there are blanks.  Read it.  Then pray it putting a person's name in the blank!
 
-----------------
 
God, our Merciful God! You are just and You are fair!  You show mercy, compassion, and kindness to who You choose. You are in control!
 
LORD Jesus, mold my heart to be a heart for the church.  Create in me a desire to get to know and grow with my brothers and sisters in You!  And forgive me for gossip.  That one lady just irks me!  Help me to remember to show even her the kindness and love You have shown me.  May the words out of my mouth be words that encourage, not tear down.
 
Sweet Jesus, I'm so glad You show mercy to who You desire and that isn't based on what I think You should do!  If I had my way, the world would be in LOTS of trouble!  {grin}  Thank You for being in control!  I'm thankful to you that Your choices do not depend upon human desire or effort.  Thank You for being faithful and unwavering!  I'm thankful You don't change who You are based on what people want or try to do!
 
Father, we come to You in the name of our Savior, Jesus.  We lift to you _____.  Father, we pray ____ will know You are fair and just.  You see what we cannot see!  You see how tragedy will effect ALL involved, even who will come to know You as his/her God through the experience.  LORD, we know You choose who You'll show mercy to BUT we also know it's not Your desire anyone to perish.  We pray You'll show mercy to (feel free to switch to a different name here); pour out Your compassion on him/her!  You already chosen to show _____ compassion, we pray he/she will accept Your gift of love!  In Your name, Jesus, we pray the Father's will be done. Amen
 
Romans 9:14-16
 
NIV 14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
    and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.
 
NCV
14 So what should we say about this? Is God unfair? In no way. 15 God said to Moses, “I will show kindness to anyone to whom I want to show kindness, and I will show mercy to anyone to whom I want to show mercy.” 16 So God will choose the one to whom he decides to show mercy; his choice does not depend on what people want or try to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment