26 August 2013

God Is Merciful

Note To Those New to the Blog:

The following prayer follows the Four Steps of Prayer and focuses on praying scriptures.  For more details on The Four Steps of Prayer, click here to read a blog post about this particular prayer guide. I encourage you to read it through once silently and then read it through again out loud.  When you enter into the 4th paragraph of the prayer, think of someone you desire to pray for and insert his/her name into the provided blank.  Re-pray that section of the prayer as many times as you desire placing a different name in each time you pray it.  I do ask you to excuse typos! LOL

=======================

God, our Father, Is there a god who compares to You? A god who pardons sin and forgives transgressions? NO! You are The God of mercy there isn't another like You!

Lord Jesus, purify me.  Have compassion on me and tread my sins underfoot.  Hurl all my iniquities into the deep sea. May I live in surrender to You!

Thank You for Your faithfulness! You keep all Your promises and have never failed me.  Thank You for showing me mercy and for not staying angry with me!

Jesus, in Your name we lift up ______.  We pray You will have compassion on _______ and You will tread  _______'s sins underfoot.  We know You  love _______ and each of us; You delight in showing mercy! Jesus, we pray God's will be done today on earth as it is in heaven. Amen

Micah 7:18-20

18 Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.
19 You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
20 You will be faithful to Jacob,
    and show love to Abraham,
as you pledged on oath to our ancestors
    in days long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment