21 August 2013

God Comforts As a Mother Comforts Her Child

Holy One, as a mother tenderly comforts her child, You comfort me!  When doubt, fear, and worry over take me; Your consolation brings me joy!
 
Father. Mother. Brother. Sister. There's no relationship status that can fully state who You are to me!  You are supportive of me even when I'm falling apart! Lord, may I make You LORD of  all the situations I find us (me and You, God) in.  You are in control!  Help me remember that!!
 
Lord, I thank You for all the things You chose NOT to give me!  I thank You for the closed doors. I thank You for the "dead" dreams.  Why? Because I know only You know what You have protected me from!  Thank You for always being in front of me, guiding me.
 
Jesus. Jesus. Your name is sweet! Your name is power!  It's in Your name we pray for ______. _____ feels like he/she is dwelling in the silence of death.  Reach down with Your unfailing love and support _____ in Your tender, compassionate arms.  Console him/her.  Comfort him/her as a mother comforts her child.  By the power of Your name, we pray God's will be done. Amen
 
Psalm 94:17-19 (NIV)
17 Unless the Lord had given me help,
    I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,
    your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
    your consolation brought me joy.
 

Isaiah 66:13(NIV)
13 As a mother comforts her child,
    so will I comfort you;
    and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.”
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment