15 August 2013

Give My Fingers Skill for Battle

ALL praise to You, The Lord!  You are my Rock!  You are my Fortress!
 
Lord, prepare me for war; give my fingers skill for battle! For my struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  I cannot stand unless I'm full immersed in You!! Safely hidden behind You, my Shield!  May my heart yield to the Holy Spirit's instruction. 
 
One of the enemy's weapons is ingratitude. He's always pointing to what I don't have.  Lord Jesus, I want to point to what You have given me!  I want to give You an offering of thanksgiving! Thank You for ________________________________.  (Mine: Thank You for Beth.  She is my precious jewel, a true gift from You! I thank You for bring her the distance You have traveled with her.  I can still hear the words of the school psychiatrist "We may have to bus her to Briarwood to learn basic skills." "What basic skills?" I asked. "Oh, like eating with a fork." I remember the feeling of dismay as they picked my child apart.  You know what? You were with me the whole time! And You have been with her! You have been so faithful to her and used her to sharpen me.  You used her to create in Charles empathy and the ability to see others with strange ways as human beings.  Thank You for using her to kick the enemy, for she has amazed ALL who have worked with her over the years. That's YOUR doing! I thank You for Beth's Autism!)
 
Lord, we come together to stand in the gap for _______. Be ______ shield.  Shower him/her with Your faithful love.  It is our desire Your Spirit will draw _______ to take refuge in You and he/she will know You as his/her Fortress!  Lord, we so desire Your will in the lives of each name we are lifting before You today!  Hear us! Hear our prayers!  In Your name, Jesus, we pray Your will be done and not our own. Amen
 
Psalm 144:1-2
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress,
    my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
    who subdues peoples under me.
 
Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

No comments:

Post a Comment