20 August 2013

My Teacher, My Guide, My Comforter

Lord, my God, You have been with me from the moment I was born, will be with me in the years of gray hair, till the day You call me home.  You are my Teacher and Guide!  Knowing I'm not alone is a comfort to me!
 
Lord, I think about all we've been through together.  You have taught me so much about You!! I know trials wait for me.  Through each test, may my life declare who You are to those around me and those coming after me.  Empower me through the Holy Spirit to be a life that declares Your power and Your mighty acts, Jesus!
 
Jesus, I am thankful for (you fill in the blank with what you are THANKFUL for!)!  I will give You thanks with all that I have for You are faithful!
 
Sweet Lord, we bring ____ to You today.  Though You have allowed ______ to see many, bitter troubles; we pray ____ will trust You to restore his/her life.  From the depths of the earth, bring ____ up again!  May we each rejoice for the work You are doing in ____'s life!  Jesus, we pray this in Your holy name. Amen
 
Psalm 71:17-22 (NIV)
17 Since my youth, God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
18 Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, my God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your mighty acts to all who are to come.
19 Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens,
you who have done great things.
Who is like you, God?
20 Though you have made me see troubles,
many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
you will again bring me up.
21 You will increase my honor
and comfort me once more.
22 I will praise you with the harp
 for your faithfulness, my God;
I will sing praise to you with the lyre,
Holy One of Israel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment